For those wondering what to do with the kids once school lets out, summer camps in Austin are abundant and diverse. Because of the variety of opportunities in the city itself, the variety of summer camps is almost as wide. If you are shopping for homes in Austin, Texas, for sale, you may want to shop for summer camps in Austin as well, to narrow the field. Here are a few suggestions.
- Dripping Springs Summer Camps. Dripping Springs ISD offers a variety of different summer camps and community education programs for the little ones in elementary school, the older kids in middle school, and even the teenagers in high school! Some of the camps offered include sports camps, such as Tiger Hoops, All-Star Baseball Camp, and The Beat Multi-Sport Camp, and other camps, such as Princess Dance Camp, Computer Projects Camp, and the Writer’s Workshop. For more information on Dripping Springs summer camps, please visit: http://www.dsisd.txed.net/DocumentView.aspx?DID=284
- Some Austin landmarks offer camps to enrich the lives of young residents. The Austin Children’s Museum has one such program, offering full or half-day programs with themes ranging from dinosaurs, to ecology, to engineering. For a camp that celebrates Austin itself, check out the Urban Explorer Camp, offering four weeklong experiences in which campers get to explore “general Austin weirdness.”
- Creative summer camps in Austin can spark the imagination. Yelp users are crowing about kidsActing, which offers single and multi-week half- to full-day camps for young actors from pre-K through high school. Austin has a plethora of acting camps, not to mention filmmaking camps, and music camps ranging from School of Rock, to Ukulele and Songwriting Camp, to Orpheus Academy, which offers classical training. Ballet Austin Camp gets young dancers ready for the stage, while Camp Indigo helps them find their creative spirit in a more new-age environment, with nature hikes, dance, drama, yoga, and more.
- Summer is the perfect time for an outdoor adventure. Wet and Wild Adventure quenches your camper’s thirst for adventure with activities like kayaking, tubing, biking, bowling, laser tag, rock climbing, and more. Austin Outdoor Kids takes them to swimming holes, water parks, and other fun outdoor spots.
- Athletic camps get your young athlete in shape to compete next fall. All-Star Sports Camp has an indoor facility to let kids get plenty of exercise while avoiding the Texas heat. The University of Texas has plenty of sports programs, too, including soccer, baseball, basketball, football, golf, sports medicine, rowing, diving, tennis, volleyball, swimming, and track.
- Faith-based camps can strengthen values while providing recreation. The Jewish Community Center has a wide variety of camps, featuring arts and crafts, sports, field trips, swimming, and more. Camp On Board is a non-denominational Christian sleep-away camp for twelve- to fifteen-year-olds that offers sailing, horseback riding, hiking, learning, and sports.
- Educational camps can enrich a child’s mind. Soleil School offers ten camps, offering hands-on activities and games, each focused on a different subject. Les Explorers immerses your camper in French or Spanish language and culture. Austin has much more to offer, too, with cooking camps, space camps, robotics camps, and more, including a GirlStart, which teaches girls about becoming vets or detectives.
- Summer camps in Austin and in the nearby Hill Country can provide sleep-away memories. EPIC Adventures features 7- or 12-day forays beyond cabins and cafeterias, and out into nature, for biking, climbing, rafting, caving, backpacking, and sleeping under the stars. Sherwood Forest Camp teaches Renaissance activities like archery, blacksmithing, horsemanship, and swordplay.
Once you have found your kids the right summer camps in Austin, it may be time to consider a new house for the family. If you are looking for country style living within easy reach of city convenience, consider Belterra. One of the premier master planned communities in Texas, Belterra has elegant homes, nestled amidst natural beauty, with outstanding amenities. Visit Belterra to learn more, or connect with the online community by visiting Belterra on Facebook or Twitter.